[Techtalk] Configuring Mailman to CC replies to the list

Sujita Purushothaman sujita at mimos.my
Tue Sep 17 08:20:35 EST 2002

Mary wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2002, Sujita Purushothaman wrote:
> > Yes, I had read both, but munging the Reply-To doesn't solve my
> > problem, as I don't want the reply to go only to the list, it has to
> > go both to the list as well the person the reply was for.
>
> You can't use a Reply-To with more than one address?

Personally, on my mail client, I can. But I need to make this work for all
the people who subscribe to the list.

> Check out my Reply-To here. Replies should go to you, to me, and to the
> list. (Just for illustrative purposes.)
>
> I don't consider it munging the Reply-To. You, the sender of the
> message, are determining addresses where replies should go. I consider
> it munging when intermediate senders, like Mailman, change the Reply-To,
> possibly obliterating my original Reply-To which might do things such as
> direct replies to my home address.

If I did it for email I'm sending out, no doubt; But as I said, I need to
configure
Mailman to do that, because posters to the list are not subscribers, and
yet
when someone replies, the other subscribers need to know if someone has
replied or not, and what is his reply. Of course it's as simple as asking
everyone to use "Reply All" , but people tend to forget. :-(

Thanks,
Sujita