[Techtalk] Sending floppy disks thru the mail

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Mon Sep 16 11:23:46 EST 2002

We tend to write "Magnetic media: do not X-ray" on ours.
It doesn't always work, but's pretty successful. Just in
envelopes, not great big parcels.

Not everyone _reads_ the "do not X-ray" part, of course. And
sometimes you wish they hadn't: I once knew someone who swore
his mother had posted his exam certificates on to him with the
legend "Certificates   Do Not Bend" on them and that they had
arrived folded through the letterbox with "Yes they do" appended.
I have my doubts on the "yes they do" part, but I credit the "folded
up to pass letterbox" part.

If this floppy is going in between Japan and Australia, unless it is sent
direct, it is also possible, maybe even probable that some people along the
way cannot read English.

A comment from the peanut gallery....
jenn