[Techtalk] Why is life without X important? (was: Re: info) X is not the point!

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Mon Sep 9 21:16:48 EST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 02:29:09AM +0100, Maria Blackmore wrote:
> The info page often contains more information, but I don't really like the
> navigation of the info pages, and the reader that was suggested
> (pinfo) seems to like segfaulting ... I can't see this being helpful to
> problem solving in a high-stress situation :)

Hmmmm, segfaulting, in my experience, tends to indicate binary
incompatibility -- did you install the pinfo you're using from a binary
package, because if you did, it might be worth trying to compile it from
source.  That way, it will be using all the right libraries, and not
getting upset enough to segfault.  (Of course, if it segfaults *after*
you've compiled it from source, then I'd say it was likely it had a
bug...)

Kathryn Andersen