[Techtalk] Kernel compilation problem

iriXx iriXx at iriXx.org
Fri Sep 6 12:33:48 EST 2002

hi,

> Then I modified Grub and added:
>
> title Red Hat Linux (2.4.19.img)
> root (hd0,4)
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19 ro root=/dev/hdc5 hda=ide-scsi
> initrd/boot/initrd-2.4.19.img
>

> after reboot and selecting Red Hat Linux (2.4.19.img) in the Grubmenu I get an error:
>
> error 15: file not found
>
> Grub cannot find the image file. Where can I find this file (it is not in /boot/) or anywhere else on my hd, or what dit I do wrong?

i dont know Grub, as i use lilo...

but don't you need to run Grub or some command to get it to register the
new boot entries *before* rebooting?....

with lilo you need to run the command 'lilo' after editing
/etc/lilo.conf ....

hth

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email
/ \    cat /dev/sda1 > /dev/dsp

 "Feel free to step up to the plate, but before you do, don't throw
rocks in glass houses..."
	- Linus Torvalds