[Techtalk] Gnome 2: menu editor?

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Thu Sep 5 11:44:21 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 11:23, Meredydd Luff wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm not much of a GNOME-head...how nicely do GTK1 apps play with
> Gnome 2?

I am not completely sure how it works.  It probably requires gtk1 as
well.  Basically, you can run GNOME1.4 apps in GNOME2 the same as you
can run general X apps in any desktop.  You probably need all the
required libs for that app.  It seems like most of the GNOME1.4 and
GNOME2 stuff can be installed in parallel.  The only thing from GNOME1.4
that you can't use in GNOME2 is panel applets.  If you try to start a
GNOME1.4 panel applet, it will open a GNOME1.4 panel. So suddenly you
have an extra panel for your applet.  That gets a bit ucky (I got rid of
it by logging out and logging in again).

I could run GAIM for 1.4, but not the applet version.

Did that help any?