info (was Re: [Techtalk] List help)

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Wed Sep 4 09:28:24 EST 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 06:17 am, Kathryn Andersen wrote:

> I dislike "info" also, because I find it so hard to navigate the darn
> thing.  Enter "pinfo" which is an "info" reader which has a lynx-like
> interface, and I find it much easier to use than bare info.

For those running KDE, you can put "info:<command>" into konqueror and it
displays them as it would webpages. ("man:<command>" or simply "#<command>"
does the same thing for man pages).

--
"There's no place for us, there's no time for us, what is this thing that
builds our dreams but slips away from us."

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>