[Techtalk] thinkpad help!

BUNTER MATTHEW Matthew.Bunter at renaultvi.com
Wed Sep 4 08:16:00 EST 2002

--- Reçu de       VITEUR.BUNTERMA 04 72 96 57 77             04/09/02 08.16

I did my TP570E a while ago and seem to recall the most important
recommendation :

Ensure you have external power when upgrading the BIOS for your laptop.

You *DONT* want to lose power while doing a BIOS upgrade.

Matt

Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:54:16 +0100
Subject: Re: [Techtalk] thinkpad help!

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 22:32, Dave North wrote:
> /d/n:
> > now i need to do a bios update....
>
> No big deal. It just _seems_ like it.
>
> > eeek, i've never done one of those and im scared....
>
> We all are, the first time.
>
> > so i think i might leave it for a bit... ;-)...
>
> That's best. Just do it very slowly and methodically. That will take, maybe,
> five minutes longer than just slamming through it.
>       If it's any comfort, I've never had one fail (out of, oh, 20 or
> so? ...on various machines).

phew :-)....
well i just had a go but it alerted me my battery isnt fully charged -
so i'll leave it overnight and do it tomorrow morning... wish me luck!

and with any luck i might have sound happening once this is done... :)

thanx...

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email