[Techtalk] Fax setup

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Thu Oct 31 12:53:13 EST 2002

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of fax software I could setup on my PC
that would take incoming faxes and email them to us.  Essentially, I would
like to send faxes from the office to home and then email the documents back
to the in some sort of graphical format so that I can run OCR on them.
Actually, I wouldn't mind even ftping in to get the fax.  We would then OCR
the document here.  I am hoping that 200dpi will be good enough for OCR.
Also the fax software would need to be controllable from the command line as
I don't want callers to get a screeching when they call.

I tried compiling hylafax, a while back but it just didn't work on the
machine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Public Law - http://jusnet.justice.gc.ca/plca_e/default.htm
Droit Public - http://jusnet.justice.gc.ca/plca_f/default.htm