[Techtalk] setting dhcp after installing/old hub

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Oct 29 18:55:42 EST 2002

If the HomePortal doesn't have a hub/switch built-in, you should be able
to plug it in with a regular cable to the hub. if it does have a hub or
switch built-in and you're having trouble with port 12, try using a
crossover cable with the regular ports.

It is also possible that there's something wrong with the hub ... how
old is it?  Have you tried plugging other devices into it?

Hope that helps!

Jen