[Techtalk] argh... NFS headache...

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Sat Oct 26 02:04:03 EST 2002

complaints to: /dev/null

hi all

got a bittofa problem with NFS... well im newish to this.. but i got it
working once... and ever since then i cant get it working!

im trying to get my laptop to talk to my desktop... seems everythings working
fine for the desktop i think now but im getting

mount: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send

from my laptop when i try to mount the desktop machine.
when i try to mount the laptop from the desktop machine, i get

mount: hamish:/home failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

this is a bit strange because everything looks fine in /etc/exports, showmount
--exports shows me all the right stuff, and i've set it to no_root_squash so
in theory, if im root, i should be able to get in?

please help im getting confused..... argh, doesnt networking do that to ya...

thanx

m~
--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email