[Techtalk] ssl port 443

k.clair kclair at karl.serve.com
Fri Oct 25 10:04:24 EST 2002

It sounds like maybe apache can't open the logs file it is suppsed to
write to?  I do believe that apache will refuse to start if it can't
write to the log files.

the logs directory should be in $ServerRoot/logs where $ServerRoot is
defined by the ServerRoot directive in the httpd.conf file.

so, perhaps you should make sure that logs directory is there, and check
the permissions?

kristina