[Techtalk] Re: [Grrltalk] Documentation (was: Mandrake/Linux newbie deep in confusion about apache/advx)

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Wed Oct 23 09:12:28 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 05:17, Meredydd Luff wrote:
> (keeping on techtalk as well, cause I'm not sure where this stuff should lie
> - maybe even on programming@?)

That's why I cross-grouped it and put a reply-to in for grrltalk. That's
where this discussion goes.

Please...

> While this subject is under discussion, I'd like to stick my oar in:
>
> A. P. I. Documentation.
>
> One of the above words does not fit with the others. Why? For all the reasons
> Jenn just talked about. It's absolutely INFURIATING to pick up a powerful
> piece of code with a proper extensions mechanism and not have a clue how to
> do it. The same issues as for newbie Linux docs apply - even when they're
> there, existing API docs often assume a thorough knowledge of the inner
> workings of the program, which is something an API is specifically designed
> to *avoid* you having to know.

Yes. If anyone - ANYONE - knows any Kerberos .. heeeelllp! I'm still
unable to get CVS working with kserver (kerberos 4) mode, and it seems
to be an issue with Kerberos - or with the API between Kerberos and CVS.
I posted a request for info on techtalk. I'll gladly talk in private
mail. Anything!

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/