[Techtalk] OT but I'm desperate.... Windows....!

Michelle Howson a.howson at student.unsw.edu.au
Fri Oct 18 15:59:32 EST 2002

*mutter mutter* "feature" *mutter mutter*

Ok.  I've not been home a lot in the last 24 hours, hence the sudden
silence from the source of all problems.  And I'm about to go again (argh)
so can't reply to the numerous messages in my inbox *grin*  but!  here are
some error messages for you all to get your teeth into.

The story: I had a single page to print off from Excel and decided that I'd
give the machine one last try, as it normally only crashes on the second
page.  And as I'm about to leave anyway, and nothing urgent is going on on
the machine, I decided if it crashes it won't be a catastrophy (or at
least, won't be risking a catastrophy).  It crashed - with an inch left to
print.  Now I have some error messages to share.

-blue screen-
***Stop: 0*000001E (0*c0000005, 0*8049CC50, 0*00000001, 0*629B53E8)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 849CC50 base at 80400000, DateStamp 3d366b8b - ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.  Contact your system administrator or
technical support group.
-/blue screen-

On start up, got the following window pop up called Printers Folder...
There was an error found when printing the document "contactlist" to LPT1:.
 The device is not connected.

..given the option to retry or cancel.

Lastly, here is what I've dug out from the log:
Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	Save Dump
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1001