[Techtalk] Next Topic, Remote Display & Access

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Oct 16 12:15:31 EST 2002

At 12:01 PM -0400 10/16/02, Beth Johnson wrote:
>Hi again,
>since I can't get my mp3 encoding to work the way I want it, time to
>table it and move on to the next issue.
>
>I have at my desk two computers.  Also two monitors and two keyboards.
>One of these machines is a server I've set up with all of my mp3s so we
>can listen to our music on any of the machines we have sprinkled
>throughout the house.  It also serves to store backups and downloaded
>files that multiple computers have need for (RPMs for the Linux boxes,
>and files for the Mac machines).  I would like to get the server's
>monitor off of my desk, but I haven't a clue how to set up the system so
>I can run it from my desktop.

Get a KVM switch - that's the easiest way to do it - you can run 4 or
8 (or a zillion, if you want to spend a zillion dollars) off of one
keyboard and mouse. Thats what I use for my servers.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain.net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet."
Frederick Buechner