[Techtalk] Is Linux 2.4.18 Really That Unstable?

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 15 23:08:31 EST 2002

Greets,

I'm having near-constant crashes from 2.4.18.  I upgraded from 2.4.2-2
so I could get ext3 support without all the hassle and I'm getting
tired of the crashes, which don't seem resolved in 2.4.19 either.

Does anyone have any suggestions for "ultra-stable" releases beyond
2.4.18?  I see that Red Hat 7.3 is shipping with 2.4.8-3 or 2.4.8-10
(I forget which), but before I upgrade kernels =again= I'd like to
know that I'm going to some that's going to stay up for a while.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.