[Techtalk] rmserver, should I be worried?

Jeannette jcv at hise.org
Wed Oct 9 06:05:50 EST 2002

Thanks for the suggestions, Carlo!

Unfortunately, which, locate, slocate and "find / -name rmserver" (run as
a regular user and "su -") all failed to turn up a match.

I just checked on the machine where I read my mail, and I see the same
process there, also using 98% of CPU and a total of 240 minutes (so I
don't have to wait for it to happen on my box again), so I said
ps -ef, and it shows the full path as /usr/local/pnserver/Bin/rmserver,
but rpm says this file "is not owned by any package".

Any other suggestions for me to find out what it is and if it should be
doing so much?

Jeannette