[Techtalk] hardware issues

kansas_kennedy at phreaker.net kansas_kennedy at phreaker.net
Tue Oct 8 01:29:34 EST 2002

Well, I have recently had some problem with my motherboard and took it to the
docs. They told me to replace as 'it is dying.' When I asked them why did it
happen and how to avoid such things frm happening in the future, they simply
said 'many reasons' and avoided the question.

Coming back home I googled for sites for better hardware maintenance but those
are all commecrical sites. It was hard to find any org site/ or any site
which is very informative that would help people in better maintaining their
hardware for longivity.

I also have the Peter Norton's Inside the PC book but all it does is
describing things (largely).

I wanted to know if there are sites (irrespective of OSs) which focuses on
better hardware practices and maintenance.

Thanks and regards,
Ken.