[Techtalk] X11 config-4

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Sun Oct 6 07:26:51 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 10:07, Andrew wrote:

> 	I am a little disapointed at how difficult it was for me to copy this
> thing. As root I cold not figure out how to copy it to the my usr
> (non-root) desktop, blocked by permissions.

Coming from Mac you may not be comfy at the command line but this might
be a good task; it's certainly very fast.  This is what I do:

Open a terminal window.  Type:

su
<put in your password>

cp /etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.OLD>

kate (or whatever editor you use) /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

And edit the file.

You could have even changed to the /etc/X11 directory, then there'd be
less typing.

regards,
Beth
--