[Techtalk] 3d acceleration in X

Poppy sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Thu Oct 3 18:15:58 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 09:12, Carla Schroder wrote:

> RH 8.0 has a decent graphical xfree interface, but the 'enable 3d' box is
> grayed out. So much for GUIs. I had Mandrake on the same box, and Mandrake
> might be funky at a lot of things, but by gosh it runs Tux Racer.

*sniff, sniff* I have mandrake on my box, and all it does is choke whenI
try to run Tux Racer. I eventually gave up and uninstalled it.

If anyone knows why, I'd be thrilled to actually play TR - when I tried
to run it, it brought up the screen, but acted as if it had to bring up
every frame one ...... at ....... a ....... time ..... only .......
slower......

I have a Hrm. Maybe that's my problem. I have a Stealth III S540, and
harddrake says I have an S3 Savage. Inneresting...

--Poppy, puttering off to go find out how to change the video card.

Poppy,				  sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Friend of the Penguin