[Techtalk] viewing CD-RW disks in DOS

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Wed Oct 2 19:57:36 EST 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:52:06AM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
sarai at thirteenclocks.com thought:
> Any one know how to do this or if it can be done? The software I'm using is
> EasyCD Creator.
>
> Thanx. :)
>
> Sara

If you're able to see ordinary CDs in DOS, you should be able to see CDRWs
also.  The only exception to this is if you have made the CDRW using the
UDF format.  This is the format used by DirectCD which makes the CDRW disk
appear as another (writeable) hard disk in Windows Explorer.  You may be
able to make this type readable by "Closing as Mode 1" or something like
that.  Alas (well yaay! actually), I don't use MS Windows so I've forgotten
all that stuff...

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)