[Techtalk] configure deb's vga16fb framebuffer

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Thu Nov 28 21:00:53 EST 2002

Hi,

The debian 2.4.18-bf24 kernel that comes with Woody has the framebuffer device
vga16fb compiled in.

I'd like to change the resolution the framebuffer operates at.
According to Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt I need to do this via lilo
using the option append="video= "

However I cant find anywhere what the arguments to this video= line
should be!
I have read the docs in Documents/fb and the boot-paramaters HOWTO.

So does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to format the line
append="video= " line in order to change the resolution the vga16fb frame
buffer device uses??

Many thanks

Hamster

PS - I am aware I can change it postboot using the fbset command. But the issue
here is to have the change done a boot time.