[Techtalk] wanted: simple easy to use mailing list app

Ms. Piglet listpig at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 25 21:44:24 EST 2002

I've worked with SmartList a great deal, but not as the person in charge of
it; I'm not sure how much server access it actually *requires* to set up and
what have you.  Once created, lists can be managed via email and x commands
if need be.  The version I worked with though had been somewhat hacked by
our people to provide a number of bells and whistles that didn't come with
it (webpage interfaces for list admins, perl list-creation scripts to
simplify mass list creation....)

It's certainly robust, though: it's still running the lists at RootsWeb,
which is something approaching 25K lists, with subscriber bases ranging from
about 5 to about 10,000.

--pig

On 11/25/02 20:39,  <terri at zone12.com> shared this thought: