[Techtalk] new spam thingy

Ms. Piglet listpig at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 22 00:09:07 EST 2002

Actually, what I've been hearing about (and paying minimal attention to,
admittedly, as a Mac/Linux user) is executable code embedded in HTML, so
that displaying the HTML email causes it to execute. (This in email, not in
webpages....)  Now how valid that is, I've not a clue; it's just been the
buzz going by---I think the mechanism is something to do with the code in
the HTML triggering the attachment, and email programs that automatically
stash the attachment elsewhere are fairly immune, as is of course anyone who
disables HTML in their email.

--pig

On 11/21/02 22:40,  <mariab at cats.meow.at> shared this thought: