[Techtalk] new spam thingy

Maria Blackmore mariab at cats.meow.at
Fri Nov 22 05:40:47 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Alvin Goats wrote:

> WindowsExecutbleFile with mime command to execute the file

I wasn't aware that MIME included the ability to send commands to execute
a program.  In fact I'm almost 100% sure of that.

Traditionally, viruses of this type have relied on the gullibility of
users to run the program.  However recently I heard people muttering
something about exploits for outlook that made it run arbitrary code
simply by recieving an email, which could feasibly, of course, include
chaining an executable from an attachment.

just my 3p  (inflation, you see:)

Maria