[Techtalk] backup suggestions needed

caitlynmaire at earthlink.net caitlynmaire at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 17:47:50 EST 2002

HI, Jen,

How about amanda?  We use it for a much larger enterprise backup, but a
single client and a server should do the job for you.  Red Hat provides
rpms, but for 2.4.2p2  2.4.3 rpms fo RH 8.0 are on the
ftp://ftp.colorado-research.com site.  For any other distro you'll have
to build from source, which isn't terrible.  I do it for all the Solaris
boxen here.

Basic info is at http://www.amanda.org
Step-by-step instructions are at:
http://www.frankenlinux.com/guides/amandaintro.html