[Techtalk] backup suggestions needed

Jen B jenb at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Nov 21 22:34:34 EST 2002

I have one DLT drive, and 2 db servers that require backup.
There is not enough diskspace on either to make a local copy of all the
files that require backup (which i would then backup with a single 'dump'
if life were easy)

Can anyone suggest the  best way to do this? I've been searching for
the better part of today for a way to rsync to a tape drive-but no luck.
I would very,very much like to avoid using .rhosts,nfs, or any remote
mounting even on a private net-but so far that seems like the way to go.

I'd appreciate some alternative suggestions.

jenb at sdf.lonestar.org
jen at bitchoperatorfromhell.com
jen at sedition.org