[Techtalk] Was-Chicken

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 19 22:04:03 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

	Do Bookmark This Site "http://rpm.pbone.net", I did.

	'rpm --rebuilddb' may answer a long term irritant of mine.

	As a nubie I have long wondered if there is a point when the (or a)
distrubution can be "broken" by adding or removing programs. To be more
precise is there a point after adding or removing programs that the (or
a) distrubution can not be up-graded simply by using the CD. Or using
the CD would cause more trouble than it would slove. I mean more of a
problem than might be anyway.
	I have learned "mandrake won't care if the kernel is upgraded" and a
lot of other good stuff, but still am not sure what are the right
questioins to ask, I have seen the same quandry in people I have taught
the MacOS to. Now that MacOS of old is history and I want a feel for
Linux like the one that took me many years to achieve on the Mac. Thank
you all for your replies and insights.
	Also the Mac's are so much more expensive than a Linux PC. I remember
not so long ago when a single license to connect Mac's to $indoz was
$1400,00 (fourteen hundred dollars US). Linux with LinuxChix is great.

	 Thank You,
	    Andrew

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:24:17 +0000