[Techtalk] Chicken

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Nov 18 18:37:27 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 08:46:55PM -0500 or thereabouts, Andrew wrote:

> "package already installed": I get this on every package I ever tried
> to install/update using urpmi and Mandrake-update, every time, every
> attempt. It is wrong but I have yet to find out how to fix it. I have

I don't know Mandrake, but this sounds extremely odd. Every single
one?

I think I would be inclined to suspect the rpm database. Have you
used --force or --nodeps on anything?

I am sure there is a way to check the integrity of the rpm database
(rpmdb), but my mind has gone blank on that.

> There is no substitute for experience. In this case it is your
> experience. Now partially mine.

Vicarious experience of problems is always the best kind :)

Telsa