[Techtalk] debian and vga= in lilo.conf

Tue Nov 12 14:51:25 EST 2002

Hallo,

Am 22:26 11/11/02 +0100 hat Hamster geschrieben:

>Hi

Please can you break your Lines at 72-76 Characters ???
It is better for reading and Quoting.

>However, when I reboot, I get the prompt saying "press enter to see a
>list of modes" and I choose 6, which is OFO7 80x60. I then get a quick
>flash of text in the smaller font, but then it all swaps back to the
>huge text again!

I think you have the false framebuffer compiled into your Kernel...

>Can anyone point me in the direction of what I am doing wrong? My
>previous experience has been with MDK and RH, and the vga= line has
>always worked as expected.

I run Debian 3.0r0 with Kernel 2.4.18 selfmade

>The deb box is running stable 3.0 and I did a very base install - I
didnt select any additional packages other than just the base. Am I
missing something in order for this to work?

Install the kernel-package and kernel-source 2.4.18|19 and cook your own
one with 'make-kpkg --config menuconfig config buildpackage'

>All help appreciated.
>
>Hamster

Greatings from Strasbourg
Michelle