[Techtalk] Galeon and RH8 slooow

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Nov 6 15:23:45 EST 2002

Howdy,

Got me a real head-scratcher here. When I run Galeon, my most favorite browser
that I will die if I can't use it, it slows my system way down. Specifically,
switching between desktops, and apps slows to a crawl- click, wait wait wait,
then it goes. Everything else works at normal speed, like typing this email.
It does it in both KDE and Gnome. CPU and memory usage are normal.

system: RH8
Duron 800
Voodoo 3
256 SDRAM
usual blah blah, really, a nice plain-vanilla home-built system. I have a
Celeron-based box that does not do this. I haven't seen any mention of it on
the Psyche list or Galeon. If I close Galeon, instant fix. Sometimes it fixes
itself, for awhile, if I leave Galeon running.

Any notions how to figure this out?
--
Carla Schroder