[Techtalk] Cron

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Tue Nov 5 15:23:01 EST 2002

I'm rather familiar with cron, but I've run into a problem that puzzles me.
I've run cron jobs under root and under the backup account of our company's
server before. But now they run under the backup account, but not under
root. Crontab says everything works, but root's cron jobs never run.

By the way, there is no /etc/cron.deny, and /etc/cron.allow contains only
two entries: root and backup.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
   People might say, "That's too bad about the earthquake. Now let's
   play a little video poker."
        - spokesman David Hooper, explaining why Oregon paid over
          $100,000 to ensure that its gambling machines would be
          online within hours after an earthquake