[Techtalk] copy file headers...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Fri May 17 10:25:57 EST 2002

Hamster wrote:

> >Is there any way to copy _x_ number of lines
> >from the header of one file over the header of
> >another file?
>
>Yes, I can think of several ways, though I am sure there are countless
>others. It depends on how complex you want to get and if its just a
>one-off command or something you want to script.
>
>You really only need the command sed, but depending on how complex the two
>files are, there are easy ways and tricky ways of doing it.

Only need to do it to one file. (hopefully) I have
one 16 mb file whose header info needs to be
written over another file's header info.

The files are actually QuarkXPress documents,
so they're not in ASCII format. Will this matter?

Walt

-~

     The individual is the true reality of life.  A cosmos within
     himself, he does not exist for the state, nor for that
     abstraction called society, or the nation, which is only
     a collection of individuals.
                         Emma Goldman