[Techtalk] Re: [Issues] windows

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Mon May 13 14:59:42 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 14:43, Jim wrote:
> Does any linux person know how to install Suse Linux and retain Windows xp

I think this belongs on techtalk, not issues.  Please send further
replies there.

What type of partition did you use for XP?  If you used an NTFS format
for XP, SuSE can't resize it to make room for SuSE.  The safest thing to
do is to add an additional hard drive for Linux.  If you have multiple
partitions for XP, move the data off one of them and use that one for
Linux.  I don't know if there are any tools that work on the NT file
system available elsewhere you could use for resizing the NT partition.
I am not familiar with XP.  I just know what my SuSE manual tells me.