[Techtalk] Booting multiple distros on one machine

Zohar, Itai Itai.Zohar at comverse.com
Sun May 12 15:11:49 EST 2002

Grub sounds like a workable solution to your case, because you can
dynamically change your boot parameters during boot.
In Lilo, the root partition and kernel file name are static and have to be
commited a priori. Grub is interactive, you can change these parameters and
commit them from the grub prompt. And if something fails, or you've made a
mistake in the grub configuration file, you won't be stuck at the next boot
with no options.

Itai.