[Techtalk] Getting rid of Aurora (was why is my kernel so big???)

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Fri May 10 11:55:59 EST 2002

Hey there,

I've had this issue on many an occasion.... the icky Aurora screen.

Open up your Mandrake Control Center, open up Boot... this will give you 3
options. Boot Disk, Boot Config and Auto Install.  Choose Boot Config and
there's a handy dandy little button to turn off Aurora on startup!

If you unselect it, log off, and restart, you will get the standard text boot.

Hope that takes care of it for you!

Tabatha