[Techtalk] Silly question time...

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Tue May 7 13:03:39 EST 2002

You could try rdate.  I use it on my server.  Debian seems to have packages
for it.  It is small & simple.

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rdate/

I then set up a cron job (see below) for 6:00AM every day and the server
seems to stay accurate.

0 6 * * *       /usr/local/bin/rdate -s time.nrc.ca

jenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Dana Sibera. [mailto:dana at jaime.com]
Sent: 2002 May 07 12:56 PM
To: techtalk at linuxchix.org
Subject: [Techtalk] Silly question time...

Just to poke me in the right direction - I'm running Debian 68k Linux on
a Mac Quadra as a web server - what package name should I be looking
for, for a daemon which could synchronise the time with a nearby
machine, or perhaps just any other time server?

My Quadra's clock seems to lose about 7 minutes a day. That's just a
little too much

thanks :)
dana
--