2.5 kernels anyone? Re: [Techtalk] Re: Linux Versions

Shuying shuyingw at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Fri May 3 20:42:00 EST 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, /dev/null wrote:
> what i was wondering was... is anyone running 2.5 kernels? Caitlin, i
> noticed you were...
> and how do you find them? anything to note.... or any particular kernel
> to avoid....
> (there was one of the 2.4's to avoid, cant remember what it was... i
> seem to be okay on 2.4.18 but
> i'm curious to try a 2.5 and see if it will help with the sound problems
> i've been having)...

Here's my worthless 2cents... :) Maybe have a look at the changelogs at
http://www.kernel.org to see if it's worth downloading a newer version?
I'm using the 2.5.0 kernel. It's fine mostly, but now I have to reboot my
computer every couple of weeks or so (I usually leave it on all the time) when
things start going haywire. :) Wish I knew why, but I've started kernel
hacking recently so I don't know much stuff yet.

-- Shuying