[Techtalk] mutt is trying to drive me crazy ...

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Wed Mar 27 20:30:10 EST 2002

People here and on the mutt mailing list have been helpful ...

Now I know I can type c!<enter> and go to my inbox. Also, hitting space
instead of enter in the browser will view messages rather than folders.

I'm still getting used to mutt and evolution ... I'm finding that
they're working well enough that I'm not even tempted to go back to
Windows.

Both of them have performance issues when dealing with 10,000+ messages,
but so do a lot of other programs (IMP is the only IMAP client I know of
that's smart enough to get only the headers it needs instead of all of
them at once). Evolution has caching, which almost makes up for it.

I also submitted a bunch of bugs to Ximian and found out they were
duplicates or already fixed. Pretty keen!

Jen