[Techtalk] Fetchmail/Postfix/Hosts: Part 2

Nosferatu!!! keeg3 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 14:46:07 EST 2002

Hey Poppy,

I don't exactly know what the problem is between Fetchmail/Postfix -
looks like a bitter custody battle! ;)

I use Sendmail, but only to send out the mails. I tell Fetchmail to
use Procmail directly rather than trying to connect to my localhost
SMTP port. It works for me real fine. You can do this either at the
command line or put it in your ".fetchmailrc" (preferable).

On the command line:

	fetchmail -vp pop3 -u <username> -m 'procmail -f-' <popserver>

Don't forget the quotes! I have to use the "-f-" option of procmail to
make it write the messages to my mbox with a proper "From" line.

In the .fetcmailrc:

Add the following line (to the defaults section, I think, someone
confirm this please)

mda	"procmail -f-"

For the time being you could use the above mentioned setup.

HTH
Nosferatu