[Techtalk] Fetchmail/Postfix/Hosts

AzuRose Design azurosedesigns at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 09:54:02 EST 2002

Between this and this:
(http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cmail2.html) Which I had read
earlier and it just wasn't sinking in.... I think a glimmer of light has
dawned. But check me on theis, so I'm not screwing myself up even
further....

Perhaps what I should be doing is setting up the standard 127.0.0.1 to be
localhost... then assigning my computer an IP from the acceptable IP
addresses for local networks.... even though I don't have a network, nothing
to stop me from being a single-computer network, is there? Then I could set
my "network" IP address to be my desired name.... Feedback? Since I've heard
from a couple of people with a similar setup, I should be able to get it to
work in that configuration, unless y'all see something glaringly wrong with
that....

--Poppy