[Techtalk] Windows-like Linux

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sun Mar 17 12:07:48 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 08:00:56AM -0600 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
WolfRyder thought:
> And he's a network admin who
> successfully converted the network where he works to SuSE, only uses SuSE
> machines to work with/on @ work, and is pushing StarOffice and Eudora Pro
> to become the standard tools with his boss and coworkers.

Yaay, go him!  At my place of work they're purchasing a new box for me to
run ArcView (A Windows only GIS application).  In the interest of saving
the EUR450 cost of MS Office 2000 I proposed that we install Openoffice
instead.  "Oh no no no, we couldn't do that!"  And as for the suspicious
look I got when I asked them to purchase Ximian Connector so I could use
Evolution with our MS Exchange server....  Gaah!

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)