[Techtalk] Windows-like Linux

Sunni Maravillosa sunni at free-market.net
Sat Mar 16 15:00:09 EST 2002

>I'll second that. When I have to use a Windows machine, Eudora is my
>hands-down favorite - it's simple yet one of the most configurable
Windows
>mail clients I've come across.

I've used Eudora for years, and because the version on my new machine
is very unstable, have switched to Calypso. I've not yet explored all
its features, but like it *much* better than Eudora already.

>One undocumented "feature" I found is that with Eudora it's
ridiculously
>easy to set up multiple users each with their own copy of the client,
on the
>same machine.

Calypso is explicitly designed to allow this, and it looks very easy to
do. (I don't have a need for it yet.) You can even add some security by
password-protecting the different mailboxes.

>If you're using Eudora Pro, I couldn't say what the licensing
implications of
>this setup might be, however.

Calypso is now freeware, so this isn't an issue with it. I have alas
forgotten the URL from which I downloaded Calypso, but do remember the
Google search terms I used: "free email program". yeah, I know that's
very general, but the site turned up on either the first or second
page. I think the addy was webattack.com something-something.

>P.S. For me, the best part of setting them up with Eudora is not
having to
>receive hmtl mail anymore. :-)

I grok. :-)

Sunni