[Techtalk] Dualboot Linux & Solaris?

Hans Tegnerud hans_tegnerud at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 07:43:39 EST 2002

Does anyone have any experience dualbooting Linux &
Solaris?

I'm trying to install Solaris 8 on my Intel machine
giving it a 90MB X86 Boot partition and a 4GB Solaris
partition (leaving about 5GB for Linux). The problem
seems to be me not knowing how to configure Solaris
swap space... I keep getting the error message:
"WARNING: /tmp: File system full, swap space limit
exceeded". Anyone have any clues? It seems I get the
error regardless of where I put the swap slice.

The reason I'm installing Solaris first and Linux
second (instead of the opposite as described in the
Linux+Solaris HOWTO) is that I figure I have to place
my linux swap partition as a logical partition instead
of a primary to lessen the confusion for Solaris.

(I'm very new to Solaris)

/Hans