[Techtalk] Help!

James james at james-web.net
Tue Mar 5 08:44:08 EST 2002

That's weird.

In the kernel the works more (2.4.7 I think), what is going on with your
eth0 interface?  Is it up/down?  Does it not exist?

Do a "#ifconfig -a" and see what interfaces exist or not.  If eth0
exists, do "#ifconfig eth0 up".  If you get your IP via dhcp, try
running dhcpcd on eth0 to get an IP (Sorry, not familiar with dhcpcd
syntax, I'm a pump user).

If eth0 doesn't exist, you could try modprobing it, but I have never
been good at hardware support in Linux :/  But I KNOW there are some
other people here who have to be.

Good luck!

- James

Techtalk at linuxchix.org