[Techtalk] Removing mail through IMAP

Hans Tegnerud hans_tegnerud at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 07:27:23 EST 2002

Thanx everyone for the help with pop-ing mail from
Yahoo... I now pop with fetchmail, send with postfix
and are trying to set up Courier-imap for IMAP access!

Coming from MS Exchange servers and Outlook (using
MAPI) I'm relearning how mail works...

Because I'm trying to create a replacement for MS
Exchange mail services I installed Courier-imap to
handle Maildir mailboxes (I want sub folders).

What's confusing me is that when I move or delete a
mail it's marked as deleted in the source folder (and
optionally moved to the target folder) but it doesn't
disappear. This leave me with multiple copies of the
same mail, all but one marked as deleted. I can't find
any setting to solve this in Courier-imap.

Has anyone of you experienced this behavior?

/Hans