[Techtalk] Slightly OT : PHP and MySQL books

mia at miaridge.com mia at miaridge.com
Wed Jun 19 11:30:49 EST 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, BUNTER MATTHEW wrote:

> My summer vacation is coming up - three weeks away and 5 mins walk to the
> beach - and I have decided to really develop my PHP and MySQL skills.
> Nothing to do with work BTW.

I really liked 'MySQL/PHP Database Applications' by Jay Greenspan and Brad
Bulger (published by Wiley, isbn 0764535374).  Lots of example
applications, moving through increasing levels of complexity.  They're
good on writing clean code and structuring applications, too.  The cd is
handy too, especially the searchable pdf'd version of the book.

I'd been writing web applications with php/mysql for a while when I read
it but I still use it as a reference.

HTH!

cheers, Mia