[Techtalk] Config DSL for RH

James james at james-web.net
Sat Jun 15 20:32:00 EST 2002

Does your DSL router provide a DHCP server for your local network?

If so, you should just have to turn on DHCP in Linux ("dhcpcd" in Red
Hat, iirc) and you should be flying.

Unless your DSL router is really a DSL modem and you need some kind of
PPPoE setup to connect.

Let me put it this way: How would you connect a Windows machine?

- James