[Techtalk] CrossOver Office

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Jun 13 11:50:30 EST 2002

Open Office and Abiword both run on multiple platforms, windows, mac, OSx,
as well as Linux. I second Gnumeric, it is a great spreadsheet,  it runs
only on Linux.

I tested Crossover Office and it worked beautifully. Compatibility between MS
Office and Openoffice etc. is far from perfect. I think Crossover Office is a
good corporate solution, so the Linux geeks don't have to run a Windows box.
The few times I had to grub for a paycheck inside CorporateLand, the advanced
features of Word and Excel were used a lot, and did not migrate well to their
Linux cousins. Until they ditch MS Office entirely, Crossover Office is a
good solution.

I love Abiword, it's my main word processor. It has the exact feature set I
use the most.

Carla