[Techtalk] URGENT: Sendmail Problem!

Didar Hussain didar at mailandnews.com
Sat Jun 1 11:57:36 EST 2002

As you can see I have shot off this mail to all possible places.
My ISP doesn't knwo anything about newsgroups(!?), so I have to
resort to this kind of pseudo-spamming ;)

I know I should be going through all the Sendmail resources line
by line, but, the site needs to be setup up on Monday and I don't
have any access to the system from home.

I have a really strange requirement and would like to hear from
you all the possible solutions.

I am helping in setting up an Internet gateway for a company.
It is supposed to be a proxy server and a mail gateway.

The requirement is quite piquant. All the client machines run
Windows. They use IE/Netscape/OE for browsing and mailing needs.

The IT manager wants limited mail realying based on users.

Eg., All users in the domain @ourdomain.com are allowed to mail
each other. i.e.,

MAIL FROM: <user1 at ourdomain.com>
..............Sender Ok
RCPT TO: <user2 at ourdomain.com>
..............Recipient Ok

But, they are not allowed to realy mail to the outside world
(Internet email addresess) i.e.,

MAIL FROM: <anyuser at ourdomain.com>
..................Sender Ok
RCPT TO: <xyz at hotmail.com>
..................Relaying denied

Also, there is another big catch here :D, some users *are* allowed
to send mail to the outside world but only them and no one else!

Everyone can get mail from Internet addresses which is done through
fetchmail multi-drop.

The version of Sendmail is 8.12.2 on Red Hat GNU/Linux 7.1

All and any ideas are welcome. I have to do this or else my friend
will seriously lose face :(

Thanks to all for the time,

Didar