Truly discouraged Re: [Techtalk] Lost my place in kernel space,

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Tue Jul 30 21:28:49 EST 2002

Hi Andrew,

I can relate to your frustration, I've gone through the same thing with
Mandrake in the past, as a matter of fact, it was one of the first
things I learned because I needed to compile for sound!

Anyway, I know at this point the last thing your eyes need is more
documentation, but I HIGHLY recommend you go visit:

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/Compiling_Kernels

There are 4 documents on compiling and kernel stuff.  The one listed for
Red Hat should come fairly close to the Mandrake way of doing things,
but the others may help your perspective and fill in any missing pieces.

Before you buy Macs (I'm sure they're lovely, I actually haven't ever
used one), give this documentation a try and see if it sheds some light
on your situation.  I believe at the end of the "Kernel Configuration
and Compilation" doc there is a link to kernel documentations at the LDP
(www.tldp.org).

Good luck, and give a shout if those don't quite do it for you!

Thanks,
Tabatha

--
Tabatha Persad